Friday 14 March 2008

Pension Claim

I haven’t quite reached pensionable age but I suspect that when I do the DHSS (or whatever it is called nowadays) will tell me. They will also be able to tell me where and when I was born and anything else that matters with the possible exception of my shoe size. The whole of our life is now computerised and cross-referenced.



In Nana and Grandpa’s day things were a bit different. As a result we are left with copies of a couple of interesting documents that they completed in 1948 when they were aged 70 / 71. The only reason that Uncle Eric managed to keep the forms seems to be that at the first attempt they accidentally signed the backs of the wrong ones (Nana’s signature was on the back of Grandpa’s claim and vice versa).

No comments:

Post a Comment